Social Work Team
Who are we?
The Social Work Team consists of two social workers:
Ger McLoughlin , Principal Social Worker
Jo Rynne , Principal Social Worker and Designated Person
What do we do?
The Social Work Department works to promote individual’s own control and involvement in their lives, communities and services.
How do we do this?
We do this by providing a wide range of services to support individuals with a learning disability, their families and carers.
These services include:
- Assessing the needs of the individual to ensure that their particular circumstances are considered when planning services.
- Support and advocacy on behalf of individuals and their families to enable people availing of the service to achieve their full potential in life .
- Training for individuals, staff and families.
- Groupwork- encouraging individuals to work together and learn from each other.
- Information on benefits and entitlements and services.
- Linking with other agencies.
- Formulating and updating policies and procedures
- Investigating and managing allegations of abuse.